It’s Friday and that means it’s time for another Positive Post Friday!
Fridays mark the end of the work week. Fridays mark the start of the weekend. Fridays should end the week on a positive note. Therefore, I’m going to share 5 positive things that happened this week:
1. I had an interesting encounter with some 6th grade boys this week. I walk into the school usually around the same time as the students. They were behind me. I had my jacket, backpack, and lunchbox. They came up beside me and asked if my name was Javier. I had to inform them that I was their ITRT named Miss B… the look on their faces was priceless!
2. I have been working on design staff development courses using Google Classroom. This week I finished up designing my course for Seesaw, the digital portfolio website, and for Google Forms. Three courses designed now.
3. I have been working on building up a crew for my Connected Educator PD. I have 10 people, and this week I surveyed them, designed my templates for both Twitter and blogging, and had my first meeting with one of the teachers. It was great and I feel like I can definitely do this. I figure I’ll do better as I do more sessions with folks.
4. I worked with a SPED teacher this week to plan some lessons on digital citizenship for his students. We are starting with communication and learning how to send a proper email. He wants his kids to be able to communicate with their peers and professionals and I will do my first lesson with his kids on Tuesday.
5. This week #wvedchat had an amazing edchat session on Tuesday evening. We worked really hard to make it better based on the plans that Rikki, Derek, and I discussed and it was successful. We had our best group of participants since the April switch to using Participate.com for stats. I hope it keeps up!